As a Purchase Executive in a Pharmaceutical Merchant Exporter Company, your primary responsibility will be to manage the procurement process for pharmaceutical products and materials required for export. You will work closely with suppliers, vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement of high-quality pharmaceutical products. Your role will involve sourcing, negotiation, vendor management, and maintaining inventory levels.
1. Sourcing and Vendor Management:
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers of pharmaceutical products and materials.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and negotiate favourable terms and conditions.
- Conduct regular supplier assessments and audits to ensure quality standards are met.
2. Purchase Order Processing:
- Receive purchase requisitions from various departments and review specifications and requirements.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders to approved vendors, ensuring accuracy and adherence to procurement policies and procedures.
- Monitor purchase order status and follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery.
3. Price Negotiation and Cost Control:
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and discounts with suppliers to achieve cost savings without compromising quality.
- Continuously monitor market trends, price fluctuations, and competitive offerings to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Collaborate with the finance department to analyse and control procurement costs.
4. Inventory Management:
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels of pharmaceutical products and materials to meet customer demand.
- Coordinate with the warehouse team to ensure accurate stock levels, minimize stock outs, and reduce excess inventory.
- Conduct periodic stock checks and implement inventory control measures to prevent losses or wastage.
5. Compliance and Documentation:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards related to pharmaceutical procurement.
- Maintain accurate records of procurement activities, purchase orders, invoices, and supplier contracts.
- Assist in conducting internal and external audits related to procurement and supply chain management.
6. Team Collaboration:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as sales, marketing, quality control, and regulatory affairs to ensure smooth procurement operations.
- Provide support to internal stakeholders by addressing procurement-related queries and issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Purchase Executive or similar role in the pharmaceutical industry or a merchant exporter company.
- Sound knowledge of pharmaceutical products, regulatory guidelines, and procurement processes.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
B Pharm / M Pharm / MBA
1 to 5 Years for Executive in Purchase / Sourcing
Asst. Mgr. /Manager.